About the Job
MEC Networks Corporation is one of the leading ICT companies in the field of value-added distribution in the Philippines. We have been in the business of providing high-quality tech solutions for more than 25 years, and we have garnered multiple awards and recognitions along the way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we are proud to say that we are ITIL certified. Currently, we carry over 20 global brands and work with over 800 partners.
As a Systems Engineer of MEC Networks, you will have the valuable role of supporting the growing number of TPO project implementations. You will be instrumental in crucial activities such as installation, configuration, onsite and remote troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance. Your work will also include conducting an initial scoping and site survey to create a cost-effective design and the bill of materials.
We at MEC believe in giving our workforce access to opportunities that are geared towards increasing their knowledge and skills. And so, we prioritize giving our engineers numerous product and industry training sessions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- You will implement activities such as installation, configuration, onsite and remote troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance activities
- You will accept the 24/7 duty engineer for the month
- You will perform TAC engineering function
- You will report the status of the trouble ticket to the TAC Engineer and Supervisor
- You will provide Man-Days Forecast in Services Quotation
- You will conduct initial scoping and site survey
- You must proactively understand prospective customer’s business and technical requirements
- You will determine the competitor’s product strengths and weaknesses
- You will conduct the Proof-Of-Concept (POC) with clear objectives, deliverables of each party, and timelines to ensure the success of the activity
- You will create a cost-effective Design and Bill-Of-Materials with proper justification of cost and customer scenario in mind. The technical proposal must be accurately based on the customer’s specification/requirements.
- You will organize and keep all assigned demo/test equipment in good selling condition.
- You will respond and specify the Terms of Reference (TOR) accurately and completely without leaving any blanks. Compliant items, page references from the source such as Datasheets, Brochures, and Manuals must be specified.
- You will write client Call Report, Service Report or Minutes-Of-Meeting (MOM) in every meeting, presentation, demo, POC, survey, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- You will attend principal training and take required certification examinations for compliance, and skills enhancements, and you will keep technology competencies up to date.
You’re the perfect fit if you have these qualifications
- Graduate of ECE or CoE
- Knowledge of basic networking
- Good communication skills
- Any IT networking certification is an advantage