About the Job
MEC Networks Corporation is one of the leading ICT companies in the field of value-added distribution in the Philippines. We have been in the business of providing high-quality tech solutions for more than 25 years, and we have garnered multiple awards and recognitions along the way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we are proud to say that we are D&B D-U-N-S registered as well as ISO 9001:2015 certified. Currently, we carry over 20 global brands and work with over 800 partners.
As a member of the Accounting Staff of MEC Networks, you will have the key position of ensuring that all scheduled payables and approved disbursements are validated and processed accurately, completely, and on time. Your work will be valuable in the maintenance and safeguarding of payment transactions and all documentary requirements. You will also ensure confidentiality and safekeeping of traceability, historical, and legal records.
We at MEC believe in giving our workforce access to opportunities that are geared towards increasing their knowledge and skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- You will encode the bill for PO or APV on NetSuite both for local & foreign suppliers.
- You will compute the amount of expanded withholding tax for local suppliers.
- You will ensure that the details of SOA/Invoice against PO/Service Acquired/Special orders are tally and no variance before submitting the accomplished bill on NetSuite. If there are differences, you will return it to the Purchasing Department for reconciliation or correction.
- You will attach the SOA/invoice or receipt on NetSuite when processing the bill.
- You will check the details in the supplier’s statement of account to determine if all the listed invoices have been received or the items are in the warehouse or if services acquired are already done and with the service report.
- You will check and process the assigned Petty Cash Fund and use the correct account entry on NetSuite. You will ensure that all reported expenses are with necessary receipts/documents.
- You will monitor the bill created if already paid or pending for payment. If it is more than a month after the date of processing, it should be escalated to the Immediate Head for checking to avoid an overdue payment.
- You will monitor the bill credit created to ensure that it is applied to the check or bill payment. You must raise it to the Immediate Head if there’s any.
- You will help manage team files to ensure that all required archives are properly filed and kept securely.
You’re the perfect fit if you have these qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or any business-related courses
- At least 2 years of work experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Experience in a Payables Role is preferred
- Skills: strong business acumen, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, knowledgeable in basic accounting concepts, strong and clear communication skills (oral and written), strong drive for excellence, time management, organizational skills, strong mathematical skills, sharp and unyielding attention to detail